There are many community groups and private organizations that offer scholarship opportunities to students. Students are encouraged to search for scholarships online and within their communities.
You may begin by checking out our videos (below) with helpful tips or browsing through our LeewardCC/UH System scholarships or a list of External scholarships.
Scholarship Search – Best Practices And Tips
- Start your scholarship search EARLY and pay attention to deadlines.
- Applying for scholarships should be FREE. Do not pay to apply.
- Use caution if asked to provide sensitive information. You should not provide information such as your social security number, bank account information, or credit card information.
- Remember that not all scholarship websites are legitimate. Visit the Office of Inspector General website or the Federal Trade Commission website for more information on scholarship fraud and scams.
- If awarded a scholarship, you must inform the Financial Aid Office of your scholarship by providing a copy of your scholarship award. External scholarships must be taken into consideration to determine financial aid eligibility.
Leeward Community College & UH System Common Scholarship Application
Apply for Leeward Community College and UH System scholarships with ONE online application! These scholarships are open to students who are admitted as regular students attending any of the ten campuses of the University of Hawaii System. Check out the UH System Scholarships FAQ and Application Checklist for more information!
The application period for the academic year, 2023-2024: October 1, 2022 – March 1, 2023
To apply, click the button below then scroll to the bottom of the web page.
You may search for Leeward CC and UH System Scholarships by campus and by keywords. Suggestions for keywords include programs, ethnicity, and donor.
The Hawaii Promise Scholarship is a ‘last dollar’ scholarship for qualified University of Hawaii Community College students who need financial help to pay for college.
For eligible students, the Hawaii Promise Scholarship provides assistance to help cover direct costs – including tuition, fees, books and supplies (that are not met by other forms of financial aid).
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be a State of Hawaii resident or qualify for exempt status that pays in-state tuition.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits per semester at a UH Community College and at least 1 credit at
the home institution
- Be degree-seeking in a financial aid eligible program.
- Must accept all federal and state grants, scholarships, and any other funding sources that do not
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Must not possess a bachelor’s degree.
Awards are contingent upon funding, and amounts are based on enrollment level, financial need, and other financial resources.
The amount of the scholarship may be reduced or cancelled due to enrollment changes and/or receipt of scholarships or outside resources (e.g. VA benefits).
UH News Story
Contact the Financial Aid Office
Please use your UH email account when communicating with us via email. Please also include your student ID # in your message. If you do not have a UH email account, “Get a UH Username!” to create an account. Our response time for emailed questions may take an estimated 3–5 business days during peak times.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
96-045 Ala Ike, AD 201 (Student Services Welcome Center)
Pearl City, HI 96782
Phone: (808) 455-0606
Fax: (808) 454-8804
Federal School Code: 004549