Congratulations! Graduation is one of the most rewarding experiences in your academic journey. It means you have met all the requirements to earn your degree or certificate. To commemorate this achievement, Leeward CC holds Commencement Ceremonies at the end of every Spring semester*. For more information, please visit the Commencement webpage. For RSVP and Diploma payment deadlines, please check the .
*SUMMER AND FALL GRADUATES ARE ALSO INVITED TO APPLY BY THE DEADLINE SHOULD YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN SPRING COMMENCEMENT CEREMONIES.
What You Need to Do
To be awarded a diploma from the College, you must submit an Application for Graduation. This online form will be available until the last day of instruction. After submitting the application, the fee will be reflected in your MyUH account.
- We strongly recommend that you schedule a “Graduation Check” appointment with a counselor before applying.
- Complete and submit the online Application for Graduation. NOTE: Upon accessing the application, you will be prompted to login into your UH account. You cannot be signed into a personal Google account when filling out the form. If you need to sign out of your personal Google account, please see these instructions and scroll down to the “Sign out” section: http://go.hawaii.edu/zwG
Applications for graduation will be denied if all requirements have not been met by the end of the graduating semester. An Incomplete or “I” grade, regardless of the contingency grade assigned, is considered non-completion of a course. You will be eligible for graduation in the semester that the “I” grade has been changed and will be required to re-apply for graduation.
Students have the option to receive their degrees and/or certificates free of charge. When you file the free option in the graduation application, your degree(s) and/or certificate(s) will be posted to your unofficial transcript in STAR and your official transcript at the end of the term.
For students who would like to receive a printed diploma, there is a non-refundable fee which covers the cost of your diploma. You will receive one (1) diploma written in English, one (1) diploma written in ‘ōlelo Hawai’i and one (1) diploma cover. Please see below for the fee schedule, as a fee increase is scheduled for Summer 2022:
- Summer 2022 onwards: $25.00 minimum
For more information regarding what is included with the fee, please see the Graduation Application. Diplomas will be mailed to the student approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the semester ends. Students will receive an email just before diplomas are mailed.
NOTE: Students who file for a diploma will receive an invitation to the Spring commencement ceremony. Attendance is optional.
To participate in the annual commencement ceremony, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates for any Associate Degree must be within nine (9) credits of completing the requirements for the degree.
- Candidates for any Certificate must have earned, or be enrolled in, all of the requirements for the certificate.
- Candidates must have completed and submitted the online graduation application by the published deadline.
NOTE: You do not receive your diploma or diploma cover at the ceremony. Your diploma and diploma cover will be mailed to you (approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the semester ends). Should you have any questions, you can contact the Admissions & Records Office at (808) 455-0642.
Commencement Ceremony Participation Deadlines:
- Deadline to apply for graduation to have your name in the program: 3rd Friday in April.
- Deadline to RSVP to walk in Commencement with no name in program: First Friday in May.
- For payment deadlines, please check the Academic Calendar.
For current information, please visit the Commencement webpage.
Ready to Graduate?
Be sure you read all the information on this page. Then complete and submit the Application for Graduation. Congratulations!